|Posted On: ||Monday, Jul 16|
|At Temboo we're building an SDK for the Cloud: a next-generation set of software development tools that simplify creating, deploying, and managing apps that interact with external services.||
|We're looking for a smart, creative DevOps Engineer with a fierce dedication to making things happen, who shares our commitment to innovation and pushing the technical envelope. You're a hero, but we'll provide the cape and outfit if you don't already have one.
At Temboo we're building an SDK for the Cloud: a next-generation set of software development tools that simplify creating, deploying, and managing apps that interact with external services. A library-of-libraries that drops into your code and immediately connects you to dozens of APIs and services with delightfully little friction. We're growing fast, and need help ensuring our users will continue to be wowed by our scale and reliability. It's an audacious goal and we'll achieve it--with your help.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Writing code, configuring switches (or want to), building tools, and keeping a high traffic site always available.
- Automating, automating, automating.
- Researching and resolving technical problems. Documenting, tracking, and monitoring issues across all our servers to keep us ticking.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers, software, networks and operating systems. Helping us decide what needs to get built, then building it.
- Releasing software and system upgrades, writing scripts to enhance and automate the build/release process, building and packaging Linux- and Windows-based products, maintaining the source control environment, defining and documenting policies and procedures, evaluating and installing patches.
- Performing root-cause analysis for service interruptions and creating preventative measures for deployment. Making things better.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Experience providing hands-on System Administration supporting web-facing systems, particularly in the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL clustering, load balancing and scripting.
- The ability to see things from the customer's perspective and empathize with their concerns, and the determination to find a solution that will delight them.
- The inability to live with something you think is broken.
- The ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects and work under tight deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
- Bonus points for: prior working experience in the cloud/utility computing domain (Amazon, RackSpace, Heroku, etc.), experience with some combination of C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby or PHP.
- Experience working in a startup.
- A sense of humor!
It's hard to say "you *have* to have the above qualifications," because we value a great talent/cultural fit more than any specific degrees. If the job tempts you and you think you can ace it, holler!
Temboo offers competitive compensation, an informal work environment, flexible hours, respect for individual contribution, and a unique opportunity to shape a game-changing company. We're looking for people who have passionate interests outside of work as well (please mention some of these in your cover letter). Does this sound like you? If so, there may be a place for you at Temboo. Candidates outside the New York area will be considered for relocation to NYC (which is the best way to move to New York ;-)).
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your resume and a cover letter. Tell us the coolest thing you built in the last 2 years.